haga de ésta publicación su favoritaORGANIC FARM in Western NEW YORK (Western New York, US)ocultar esta publicación
remuneración: Housing + Food + Salary ($300/week to start) tipo de empleo: tiempo completo
QR Code Link to This Post
Accepting applications immediately & until February for happy husband/wife couple (with a March or April, 2019 start date) to live and work on our organic, permaculture, livestock and vegetable developing farm located in Western New York, approximately 40 miles to Rochester & Buffalo, NY. We are an organic farm, relying on greenhouse seed starting, cover cropping, compost, beneficial insects & worms, crop rotation, and other sustainable ways of growing. We sell our products in the local farmer's market,
CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and restaurants.
Position is permanent and needs to be filled as soon as suitable couple engaged.
• 11 -acre property
• Less than 1 hour from major airports
• 5 buildings including owners historic cobblestone house (soon to be B&B), 2 barns built in the 1850s, carriage house, and a brick smokehouse
• 8 acres fenced pasture for cows, horses, sheep, pigs, etc.
• 3 acres of landscaped area for events - chickens and other aviary occupy the 3 acres
Job qualifications and duties (including but not limited to):
(We have listed the job with as much detail as possible, we do not expect anyone to be able to perform all of these duties, but hope to find a couple that has many of the skills listed, together.)
Experience and interest in four-season farming is desirable.
Home and small business:
• Housecleaning & Lite cooking for owners and B&B guests from time to time. One owner is the main cook, so you will be filling in.
• Computer skills
• Care for small animals
• Greet bed and breakfast guests
• Greet and possibly host small fishing and or hunting groups
Landscaping and General Farm Maintenance:
* Oversight and performance of daily task, including but not limited to, dead-head plants, pruning, and mulching, planting, mowing, weed whacking, blowing, trimming, trenching, digging, trash clearing and hand weeding.
* Upkeep of any and all landscape needs as directed by management.
• General maintenance of all equipment (tractor, truck, etc)
• Maintenance of on-site HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, solar, generator, fueling, camera, internet systems
• Winterize irrigation systems as necessary
• Welding, building, framing, carpentry
• Maintenance of walking paths, driveways, and fences on property
• Landscape maintenance including trees, shrub maintenance, firewood splitting, sprinkler systems, etc
• Care and feeding of a small number of horses and cattle
• Plant annuals and maintain perennials around property
• Future pond maintenance
• Cleaning accommodations after guest-stays
• Work weekends and some holidays
• Assist with periodic farm events, including farm-to-table gatherings, music events, and other community events
• As property caretakers, you report to property owners
• Applicants must be fit and willing to help with physical demands, able to lift 50 lbs.
• Couple team must be able to work alone as well as being comfortable taking direction from the farm owners and working with a small team.
• Couple must live-on site
• Must have valid driver's license
• Pass periodic physician physical and drug tests
• Background check and references required, no criminal record or outstanding warrants
• Drug-free. We have a ZERO drug tolerance policy and the animals and equipment you'll be working with is safety sensitive.
•Be able/willing to work in a variety of extreme weather conditions
• Ability to maintain clear communication with others
•Ability to work as a team member maintaining positive work relations of staff & volunteers.
• Detail oriented
•Capable of working under pressure and independently as necessary as well as handling a diverse range of responsibilities
• Sincere passion for the land/animals/ecosystem (especially soil!)
• PREFERRED 6 months or more farm experience
• PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED with Holistic Animal Husbandry
• PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED 6 months or more farm experience with Organic Animal Husbandry
• PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED Animal Welfare Certification
• Comfortable with MS Office - Word and Excel
Must be in good physical condition and able to walk, stand, stoop, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
*For safety purposes, the ability to swim is a must
Starting pay to be discussed according to suitability and capabilities. Broader attractive growth potentials could evolve for the right couple.
Profit sharing is possible as this is a farm in development. We welcome your creative ideas and we have many of our own.
• On-site housing, utilities, food, and internet provided
o Incredibly beautiful place to live.
o Children welcome
• Salary and select benefits. Salary negotiable with experience.
• Yearly vacation time off
• Beautiful location for living, riding, and fishing
• Can have your own horses or animals on-site as well if you have them.
• We're honest and fair. We are looking for the same.
Interested parties can forward their bio & resume to:
Solo empresas. Si eres un intermediario, por favor, no contactes al anunciante.
NO contactarnos por servicios u ofertas no solicitados